Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy December 1st! and Savory Holiday Snacks

Last year, I took on the completely overwhelming (but festive) task of posting a holiday recipe every day for the 25 days of December leading up to Christmas. This year, I've decided to tackle a different holiday food theme each week and just do one big post. This week's theme is...
It is December 1st and I can already count 6 holiday parties on our calendar in the next two weeks alone, each requiring us to bring a little something to nosh on. The holiday season is ruled by sweets, but potlucks and parties are great places to showcase savory treats too. Here are some of our favorites--ones that actually get requested year after year:

I could eat the whole thing by myself. It'd hurt, but I'm pretty sure it would be worth it.

Salty, creamy, and smoky--all rolled into one delicious bite!

So much better than those frozen ones, and so easy too.

All from scratch, super delicious, and served with a nice, crusty baguette to sop up all of that extra, yummy sauce.

A cool and refreshing alternative to all of that hot, heavy holiday food.

You might wince when you read the ingredients, but just trust me: these babies taste fantastic. I've tried monkeying with the recipe, but the original version just works better, so you might as well follow it. I actually get assigned to make these for our friends' potluck every Christmas because people liked them so much the first time!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering!

    Wish I were going to some of those parties.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...