My kids have been asking for a week now when we can get out the advent calendar. They love looking inside the little socks and mittens first thing in the morning to find a Christmas treat, and to see what fun, seasonal activity we'll be doing that day, whether it's going to get hot chocolate or watching Rudolph. I made our little advent calendar a few years ago and still love to look at it. It is an easy project that only takes a trip to the store and a few quiet minutes of crafting, so if you don't have an advent calendar yet, there's still time to whip up a cute one before tomorrow!
For the full tutorial, click HERE.
- - - - -
Here's a quick round-up of some of my favorite DIY advent calendars from around the web:
1. DIY lattice advent calendar from The Proper Pinwheel
2. Giant advent calendar DIY by Chiara Alberetti Milott for Oh Happy Day
3. DIY advent calendar from the marion house book
4. Ornament advent calendar from The White Company (It was almost impossible to find an original source for this photo, which is all over pinterest. I couldn't find it on The White Company's website, so it might be from a past year.)
5. Mini tree advent calendar from Oh Happy Day